Here´s a quick recap of the exciting happenings from the past few days:
1. Had a blast dancing the night away on Tuesday. I learned how to salsa and swing, and broke my favorite flip-flop in the process!
2. Met a crazy dude from Eagan, MN at a shawarma restaurant at 2am after night of dancing.
3. Got to go to 2 markets for spanish class on Wednesday - convenient timing, since I was feeling the affects from aforementioned night of dancing.
4. Went to local soccer game last night with friends from school - Liga, the team most people here cheer for, won 5-0. Also risked my life by eating stadium food for the first time - so far, so good (and by good, i mean alive, since the empanada (fried stuffed tortilla concoction) really wasn´t that great).
5. Took another field trip for class today - our teachers took all of us to Palacio de Presidente (Ecua-version of the White House). It was pretty cool to see, and the fact that we had to sneak 2 of our friends in because they had no form of ID made it quite exciting (it´s funny - and also a bit frightening - how they appear to have such tight security, yet didn´t even question the 2 passport/license sets with identical names and pictures within our small group).
6. Last day of clase de espanol tomorrow! I´m not sure if I´m happy or sad or excited or scared out of my mind for that to end...but alas, it is reality whether I´m ready or not!
7. Big move to the CMT volunteer house is Saturday! I´m looking forward to finally being there and meeting everyone I´ll be hanging with for the next year.
8. Love you and miss you all!